Thursday Highlights: Home Teams Bats are Hot
Welland 22, Brantford 7
- Leadoff hitter Hogan Brown led off the game with a solo home run on the first pitch of the game
- St. Catharines native Tyler Dupuis added a three-run inside-the-park home run
- Scott Gillespie pitched six solid innings to pick up the win.
Kitchener 15, Hamilton 7
- The Kitchener Panthers took advantage of an eight-run fifth inning to hand the Hamilton Cardinals
- If it weren’t for a balk that scored Jett Jarvis, Raul Gonzalez would’ve had a grand slam during the big fifth inning.
- The Panthers also added two runs in the first, third and fourth innings.
- In the third inning Liam Wilson hit a two-run shot.
- Bryan Rivera and Luis Bernardo led the Cardinals offence with home runs.
- Jacob Douglas got the win on the mound for the Cardinals. He struck out five, and gave up two runs on five hits.
- Logan Walters was pegged with the loss.
Barrie 10, Guelph 2
- Adam Odd had a big game at the plate to lead the Barrie Baycats to a 10-2 win over the Gulph Royals Thursday in Intercounty Baseball League action.
- Odd had a home run, double and single, to go along with 4 RBI to lead the way. Carson Burns had a two-hit night, including a double, while hitting in three.
- The Royals were held to two runs on seven hits.
- Juan Benitez got the win on the mound, striking out three, while giving up one run on three hits in five innings of work.
- Yomar Concepcion was tagged with the loss after four innings of work.