Saturday Highlights: Majors, Jackfish add to win column, Leafs continue humming
Photo by Matt Hiscox
London 7, Barrie 3
- Down by one heading into the fourth inning, the Majors Starling Joseph hit a two-run home run and Daniel Battel’s double also scored two runs to get the Majors offence going.
- The Majors then added three more runs in the ninth via the long ball. Keith Kandel had a solo home run while Eduardo de Oleo added a two-run homer.
- Adam Odd and Domenico Morea hit doubles in the sixth inning two knock in a run each.
- Majors starter Edisson Gonzalez improved to 1-1 on the season. He struck out three and allowed three runs on five hits in seven innings of work.
- Baycats starter Emilis Guerrero was credited with the loss. He struck out six and gave up four runs on seven hits.
Game Centre | Majors Recap | Baycats Recap
Welland 5, Guelph 4
- After Sam Cawker walked to start the top of the ninth inning, a pair of bunts moved him to third, while his teammates loaded the bases. Royals pitcher Yuki Narita’s first offering to Steven Moretto went to the backstop, scoring Cawker, and giving the Jackfish a lead they wouldn’t give up.
- Cawker, James Smibert and Matteo Porcellato all had two hits for the Jackfish.
- Brando Leroux, Darius Barlas and Noah Roberts each had two hits for the Royals that scored three times in the second inning and once in the seventh.
Toronto 16, Brantford 5
Game Centre | Maple Leafs Recap | Red Sox Recap