Jackfish raise $25,526 for Local Charities and Community Groups
Welland, ON - From collecting donations to honouring our healthcare heroes, to helping charities and non-for-profits, we did our best to use FUN to make a difference in our community.
We have so many community programs to help facilitate amazing things with help from our fans and sponsors.
The following is a list of some of the ways the Larks have contributed to the community:
- $16,223 raised for the Welland Lions Club through the 2022 season 50/50 draws
- $2,410 raised for the Niagara Scouts through the Scouts Night Jersey Auction
- $1,595 raised for the Walker Family Cancer Centre through the Strikeout Cancer Campaign
- 100 tickets donated to honour frontline workers
- $1,000 donated to youth baseball organizations
- $500 donated to the NDBA Senior Playoff Livestream
- $1650 donated to the Fergie Jenkins Foundations
- $2,148 raised for Youth Baseball teams through our The Challenge campaign
To date, the Jackfish have donated or helped raise a total of $50,980 for community groups.
The Jackfish will continue these community partnerships and look for even more ways to give back to the community.
The Welland Jackfish are a member of Canada’s top baseball league, the Intercounty Baseball League. The 100-year old summer league is one of the oldest baseball leagues in the world, with the league established in 1919, drawing significantly more fans, in a friendly ballpark experience, than any league of its kind. For more information, visit www.wellandjackfish.com or follow the Jackfish on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @wellandjackfish.