Friday Highlights: Plenty of fireworks at the plate to kick off IBL long weekend
Brantford 2, Kitchener 18
- Panthers pounded 18 runs on 13 hits to defeat the Brantford Red Sox 18-2.
- Leading the Panthers office was Raul Gonzalez, who had five RBI to go along with his two solo home runs, two singles and a double.
- Blake Jacklin contributed by scoring four times, walking twice and hitting a double. Stephen Whalen scored three times on his three-hit night, while adding two RBI.
- Jeremie Veilleux had a double in the first inning to score Spencer Jamieson, while Nic Burdett knocked in Jesse Fishbaum on a fielder’s choice.
- The Panthers pitching staff combined for 15 strikeouts, led by reliever Brady Schnarr, who had six. In two innings of work to close the game out. Starter Christian Hauck struck out four Red Sox batters, while giving up three runs on two hits in five innings of work.
- Danny Howat took the loss on the mound. Noah Falkenberg came in to work three innings for the Red Sox and struck out three, and allowed two runs on one hit.
Game Centre | Red Sox Post-Game | Panthers Post-Game
Hamilton 5, Guelph 10
- J.D. Williams had himself a night at the plate to lead the Guelph Royals to a 10-3 win over the Hamilton Cardinals Friday night.
- Ethan Hammond, Tristan Pompey, and Evan Ashe all knocked in two runs each for the Royals who pounded out 10 hits on the night.
- Down but not out, the Cardinals attempted to come back in the bottom of the ninth, scoring three runs, before being shut down.
- On the mound, Jared Kennedy got the win, coming in to relieve starter Kyle Thomas in the third inning. In his two innings, Kennedy struck out five and didn’t allow a hit.
- Nick Davies was credited with the loss for the Cardinals.