Job Posting: IBL, Commissioner
The Commissioner shall be charged with protecting the integrity of the IBL and preserving public confidence in the League.
The Commissioner shall have the responsibility for the general supervision and direction of all business and affairs of the League.
The ideal candidate should possess negotiation skills, be goal driven, be a strong communicator (both written and verbal) and able to travel.
The Commissioner (when present) shall preside at all meetings of the Board of Directors and shall discharge all duties imposed upon him by the Constitution and By-Laws, and by the Board of Directors.
The Commissioner will report directly to the IBL Board of Directors and is accountable to the member teams to manage their best interests.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the League Secretary and decisions, if necessary, on issues of disagreement between the teams.
- Implement the policies of the League as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Make recommendations/decisions on matters of rules, regulations or interpretations of the League Constitution, By-Laws and/or Rules of Operation.
- Assist in developing and growing the League, its image, sponsorship, and membership base
- Chair League Meetings, in person and/or by conference call.
- Annual Budgeting
- Strike Committees as needed and organize Committee work to prepare reports and recommendations on specific League programs and projects for the approval of the Board of Directors.
- Attend several games during the season throughout the league.
- Make staff recommendations to the Board of Directors
- Handle discipline and fines for violating the, IBL Rules of Operation, bylaws or the constitution
- Strong knowledge of Roberts Rules as well as attention to record keeping of conversations and meeting notes
- Must possess a strong business background
- Provide centralized leadership and direction to meet the common objectives of all Member Teams.
- Ensure effective and positive communication and image within the League, the general public and the media.
- Strong Strategic Planning skills
Commensurate with experience
Interested applicants should send a resume to email@example.com
Closing Date for Applications is October 31st, 2022